Homemade Cannoli
#Homemade #Cannoli


Some of you may know that before I was introduced to Sascha, I taught children cooking classes at Williams Sonoma. Once I jumped into full swing in the wedding season, once on a weekend, the concert REALLY ended. I missed it however, there is nothing more fun to teach people to cook, especially the little ones.

When my office buddy mentioned the possibility of giving private lessons to a friend's son, I jumped at the chance. Throughout the past year, you may have seen spikes in my social media lessons, but now is the time to introduce Ty to the blog.

I call our cooking lessons with Ty and in this class, under his special request, we finished it with homemade cannoli.

Ty loves baking and we all know how I have a baker's green thumb, so when I got his email asking him to make homemade cannoli, I may or may not have been sweating. Ty, if you're reading this, don't judge me. Fortunately, it was just before the snowstorm and I had to get stuck all weekend to practice making cannoli from scratch. To my surprise, it was the most simple and fun cooking project I have ever done and I think Ty should agree. Break it down.

The Shells

The shell paste is super simple and comes together in minutes. I used this recipe from the oven at 350 degrees. All you do is stick your dry ingredients in a food processor, and with this, pour Marsala wine until a ball of dough forms. Marsala wine is the key to the recipe and I would not recommend replacing it! The dough is thrown into a bowl and stays at room temperature for an hour or two.

The recipe requires that the dough be cut in half, rolled out, and then cut with a 3-4 ″ cookie cutter. If you're like me and don't have a cookie cutter, just use the bottom of a glass or coffee cup!

Once the circles are cut, I give it another roll with the rolling pin and I wrap it around my cannoli molds. These molds are essential during their manufacture and you can find them in any specialty kitchen store or Amazon!


#homemade #cannoli


#homemade-cannoli